Monday, May 16, 2011

Eccentric City

Okay, its no New York or even San Francisco for that matter.  But, none the less Los Angeles is a very happening city and a great venue of inspiration.  I've had a creative couple of weeks, aside from new jewelry designs, I finally finished my ink drawing and pulled out the watercolors for few simple paintings. I have to admit I feel like I've accomplished something good when I finish a drawing or painting because those projects so often get left on the back burner.
No, I didn't paint that :)  I can only take credit for the picture.
New necklace display.  What do you think?
I'm English, and clearly I think about going to London.
Bamm!
Modern Cocktail Rings in watercolor
Sometimes I'll be folding clothes and I'll lay two things together that will spark an idea for an outfit.  I never wear the same outfit combination twice.  My brain just doesn't work that way, I'm only satisfied if I'm being inventive.  I came up with this basic, but cute combo the other night and decided to photograph it so I'd remember to wear it.

Work and creativity are always on my mind.  I wish I had a penny for every idea that popped in my head when I lay in bed at night before falling asleep.  If the idea is worthy enough I just have to force myself out of bed and put pen to paper before it escapes my mind, like so many often do.  Last week I had an idea for a promo video for my fall collection, and well thats I crawled out of bed to draw up.



[xo] the garage gypsy

No comments :

Post a Comment