Saturday, February 28, 2015

Happppppy last day of February!

Who's ready to kick off March?  I don't know about you, but I sure am ready for some springtime, my first NYC winter has been wonderful (I've loved all the snow!) but I'm pretty sure my body isn't made for this cold and it's craving some serious sunshine!! 


Last weekend I was hanging out at Rough Trade and bought The Districts' new record album, A Flourish and a Spoil, and I've been listening to it non-stop all week.  They're bloody awesome.  I'd recommend checking them out on Spotify or buying the album, only 300 copies were made on purple coloured vinyl.   http://thedistrictsband.com



Write up on Rough Trade:

Lancaster County, Pennsylvania's the Districts serve up an impressive album that straddles the line between imaginative pop and brisk blues-inflected folk. The Districts are electric and vibrant, embellished with a sophisticated kind of effortlessness. The soulful yet country-tinged drawls of singer and frontman Rob Grote ooze out of each track, bringing to mind the charisma of Janis Joplin, except in male form. Couple that voice with The Band-esque instrumentation, and you've got something Levon Helm would have been proud of. Anyone who thought the band of SXSW hyped teens weren't quite worthy of the fuss might want to think again.


[xo] the garage gypsy

No comments :

Post a Comment