Thursday, January 28, 2016

Feeling...


Home is where I want to be      Pick me up and turn me round       I feel numb - born with a weak heart      I guess I must be having fun
The less we say about it the better      Make it up as we go along       Feet on the ground      Head in the sky
It's okay I know nothing's wrong . . nothing

Hi yo I got plenty of time       Hi yo you got light in your eyes       And you're standing here beside me      I love the passing of time
Never for money      Always for love       Cover up and say goodnight . . . say goodnight

Home - is where I want to be       But I guess I'm already there      I come home - she lifted up her wings       Guess that this must be the place
I can't tell one from another       Did I find you, or you find me?
There was a time, before we were born      If someone asks, this where I'll be . . . where I'll be

Hi yo We drift in and out      Hi yo sing into my mouth     Out of all those kinds of people       You got a face with a view
I'm just an animal looking for a home       Share the same space for a minute or two      And you love me till my heart stops       Love me till I'm dead
Eyes that light up, eyes look through you       Cover up the blank spots       Hit me on the head Ah ooh


Inspiration comes from everywhere.  It can hit at any moment.  For me, a lot of inspiration comes from music.  The sounds whirling through airwaves and vibrating the ear drum sends my insides dancing on a magic carpet ride of motivation.  As much as I love to discover new tunes, it's really the old ones that spin round the most regularly - I'm just an 80's girl at heart, and there's no changing that!  Talking Heads have been making lots of headway lately.  This being one being a favourite! Enjoyyyyy This Must Be The Place!  It makes me think of London.. Where does is send your mind crawling?


It's funny how things align and collide at times.  I was just looking up some some photos of the Talking Heads and came across these talking heads, artwork for an album that new was.  (Which I LOVE)  It's right in line with my recent obsession for teeth, lips and mouths.. how ironic! ;)



[xo] the garage gypsy

No comments :

Post a Comment