Monday, June 1, 2015

Meaning Behind the "Brand"

I've been working with a dear friend recently on the "branding" of Garage Gypsy; it's been an interesting, dig deep kind of process.  I'm not sure how I feel about the word "brand" because to me it just feels and sounds so commercial, but I've been wanting to address it for a few reasons.  Garage Gypsy has been my little baby since it was discovered and brought to life in 2009.  It's aesthetic and mission has basically been an extension of myself, which is wonderful because it's real, honest, and organic, but for that same reason it always feels like there's a bit of aesthetic chaos lingering in the clear waters.   In order to really solidify the voice of Garage Gypsy, I figured a bit of branding work was necessary to establish the world in which my creations will live.  So far it's been an extremely fun and challenging mission for me.  That being said, I thought I would share with you some of what's been established during the journey thus far :)  

In one phase, I had to come up with a list of key words that really described Garage Gypsy.  This is what list came to be..

JEWELRY     HONEST     BEAUTIFUL     EXPRESSIVE     ELEGANT     ETERNAL     FUN     INDIVIDUALISTIC     FREE     CELEBRATORY     CONFIDENT     WABI SABI.

And in another phase, I had to look for images and designs that would give off the vibe of these words.  Essentially creating a mood board for GG.  This is what I came up with.. 



AND THERE WE HAVE IT.
The world of Garage Gypsy ;)


Hope you enjoyed!  I'd love to hear your thoughts, feedback and any advice you may have when it comes to this subject matter - as this area of things is constantly a learning process for me. 

[xo] the garage gypsy

No comments :

Post a Comment